Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Tired Excuses

"Then the fire fades away
But most of everyday
Is full of tired excuses
But it's too hard to say
I wish it were simple
But we give up easily"
- "Other Side of the World"
KT Tunstall

Certain days I wake up, ready to embrace the day, dreaming big. I feel as though things are going to happen, big changes, important steps towards a bright future.
Some days I think that the world is a decent place - that people are basically good, and that it all seems worthwhile. These are the days that I find hope in the unknown, believing that something amazing can and will happen.
Other days, I find are full of tired excuses. Things don't change, people aren't what you hope or expect they can be. Life feels worn.
It's not necessarily that anything has changed - some days just feel better than others. It's so simple to give up - to believe that you will never get the job you dreamed of, never find the love you deserve, never accomplish all that you hoped to.
It's much easier to put the fire out, than to try to keep it kindling.
Days like today...there are few things I love more than espresso.

"'Do you wanna run away together?'
I would say it was your best line ever.
Too bad I fell for it..."
- The Good Kind
The Wreckers

No comments: