Sunday, October 08, 2006

What Matters...

It's a long day...both waiting to hear news about Chad and hoping that the news is good. I'm not ready to lose one of my friends - I have only been through the death of a friend once and the experience is one that I would not wish on anyone. I am trying hard to believe in the power of faith and prayer - that if enough people believe, it can make a difference. There is nothing in this world I want more right now than for Chad to come out of this in the same condition he was in last week, before the accident.

Something about tragedy always causes us to reflect on our own lives - what we are doing to lead the kind of life we should, and how easy it is to fall off that path.

Don't take your friends and family for granted - it's way too easy to lose the people we truly love. For those of you who don't know Chad, I hope you get the chance to meet him. He is one of the funniest, quirkiest, and most morally grounded people I have ever met in my life. He leads a life that most of us could learn a thing or two from. In the two years that I have known him, he has always been there to try to talk some sense into me, to listen when I need him to, or to make me laugh. For those of you who are lucky enough to have him in your life, I'm sure that you see in Chad the same qualities that I do.

So please, even if you don't know him personally, please remember him in your prayers. This is obvously a tough time for him, as well as for his friends and family.
I can only hope and pray that we will get news today - and it will be positive and hopeful.

No comments: