Friday, October 03, 2008

119 Cans of Red Bull


Well, the good news is that it would take a lot more caffeine that I thought to put me down -- 119.44 cans of Red Bull, to be exact.
I'm recovering from mono and to be quite honest, it really sucks.
I'm probably at about 60% back to normal and I would do anything for a daily afternoon nap, a la preschool. I've been trying my hardest to be cautious with my (lack of) energy, but some weeks such as this one, I can't win.
Tuesday night was the Ben Folds concert, which was totally amazing. Going to bed after 1 a.m. and getting up at 6:30 a.m. - not so much. Wednesday was Chef Gala - also fun and also, another six hours of sleep that night. Thursday was just long, stressful and exhaustive. I felt hungover yesterday - with the added bonus of having not drank anything.
I tried to compensate this week with copious amounts of caffeine - which really didn't work. The list was long and varied: Red Bull, Coke, yellow Vitamin Water, Starbucks, Starbucks and more Starbucks. I realized that I'd had too much when I was tapping my foot repeatedly during Chef Gala registration ... and when I thought "If I drink, I'll sleep tonight." I think I learned that from watching too much "Intervention" - only I don't think they were talking about caffeine.

No comments: