Saturday, November 29, 2008

The Word of the Day ...

... is meh.

Some days you just don't have it. You're not entirely sure how you want to spend your day and then you get caught up in the malaise, sulking.

I honestly believe that holidays make me anti-social - I'm not entirely sure why.

I woke up before 8 and an hour or so later went back to bed ... the second time I got up was at nearly 1 p.m. While I know I needed the sleep, I couldn't think exactly what I felt like getting out of bed for. It was just one of those days and I knew it. The kind of day where you wake up and you just feel listless and ... meh.

I dragged my butt to the couch to watch an episode of "Rob & Big" on the DVR -- add a fleet of remote control helicoptors to the list of things that show has made me want. I ate a bowl of cereal for breakfast (or can you call it brunch, even though you're in boxer shorts on the couch?) I talked to a friend on the phone, who I am visiting in less than two weeks. I put on my workout clothes and made myself go to the gym ... worked out for an hour and watched my beloved Dawgs destroy any respectable bowl game hopes.

And now I'm home ... still feeling meh and not entirely positive why.

"And why do we like to hurt, so much?
I can't decide what you get when you let your heart win.
That's what you get when you let your heart win.
I drowned out all my sense with the sound of its beating."

- "That's What You Get"
Paramore

No comments: